Easter escape at Spier
Where better to spend a long weekend than on one of the Cape Wineland's oldest wine farms? With an abundance of activities on offer, Spier in Stellenbosch is the perfect family destination this Easter.
Spend a few nights at our award-winning hotel and enjoy the variety of activities we offer. Save 20% off a three-night stay at Spier Hotel. From R2200 pppn, and kids under 12 stay free. Offer valid from 28 March to 10 April.
FRIDAY 30 MARCH:
· Take a look around: Enjoy a beautiful meander through nature on our River Walk or explore the farm with our VoiceMap walking tour which starts at the Spier Hotel. View the VoiceMap download instructions here.
· Book a special Easter Picnic that includes a bottle of Spier Secret Sparkling and Easter eggs, from R650 per basket for two people sharing. Kids' Easter picnic includes a ticket to the Easter Egg Hunt, at R200 per picnic. Pre-book your basket here.
· Indulge in a chocolate & wine tasting: inspired by our Spier Creative Block blends, our chocolatier and sommelier have put their heads together to create beautiful pairings for you to sample.
· Don't forget the little ones! While you get involved in a proper grown-up tasting of some of our most awarded wines, there’ll be grape juice tastings and lucky packets and all manner of small person fun on the side, for your tot squad.
· Lounge in the sun: Or take a little nap outside your room next to the courtyard swimming pool.
· Be transported back to 1836: Gables is an audio tour of the Spier farmstead as told by a fictional slave woman on the eve of her freedom.
· Sundowner time: Relax with a glass of wine on the hotel terrace at sunset.
· Feast on low-and-smoked meats from Hoghouse BBQ and Bakery, including grass-fed beef, pork, lamb and free-roaming chicken, accompanied by yummy sides such as roasted beetroot or cheese-drenched broccoli.
SATURDAY 31 MARCH:
· Glide through the vineyards: Take a ride on a Segway PT, a two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicle, and learn some interesting facts about our farm.
· Fresh, local and seasonal — and made just for you. At Eight, Chef Lolli serves up greens and veggies from the Werf Food Garden off the Spier Werf, along with fillet, sirloin and sausages from grass-fed cattle reared on Spier's pastures.
· Admire some art: Spot many photo-worthy art pieces in our public spaces, and spend some time seeing artisans at work in the Spier Artisan Studio.
· Pamper time: Enjoy a tension-melting massage or facial at the Spier Spa.
· Dine in style: Have dinner at the Spier Hotel Restaurant, with hearty dishes from a harvest table buffet, alongside our spit braai. Price: R350 for adults, R200 for kids. Book here.
SUNDAY 1 APRIL:
· Work up an appetite: Meander through our Protea Garden and the avenue of 230 indigenous coral trees from the Spier Hotel to the wine tasting room.
· Shop for souvenirs: The Craft Market sells beautiful local woodwork, beaded items and ceramics – all handmade.
· The Long Table Lunch: Celebrate with your loved ones in the Old Wine Cellar Courtyard. Tuck into our meat carvery accompanied by fresh, seasonal, farm-to-table sides. From R395 for adults, R200 for kids (includes Easter Egg hunt) Book here.
· Make sure to sign up for the Easter Egg Hunt, starting at the Slave Bell, at 14:30.
· Catch a flying display: Eagle Encounters, a bird-of-prey rehabilitation and conservation project, hosts daily flying displays in which you can take part.
Entertaining the young ones
We love little guests and have a host of experiences for them to enjoy:
- Brunch they’ll love: While you enjoy an Easter inspired farm-to-table brunch at Eight Restaurant, the children will love playing on the nearby wooden jungle gym or exploring the bamboo ‘forest’. There is a children’s menu too. Book your table.
- Picnic on the grass: There is so much space to run around in our beautiful gardens, so it’s the perfect spot to enjoy your pre-booked picnic and a glass of wine. Or stock up on handmade goodies at the Spier Farm Kitchen.
- Meet Wally, the eagle: A big hit with kids! Be part of the daily flying displays and see lots of different owls, buzzards, hawks and falcons at this bird-of-prey rehabilitation and conservation project.
- All aboard: Kids over 10 years old are welcome to glide along the vineyards on the Segway two-wheeled self-balancing electric vehicle. Training included beforehand.
- Stay at the Hotel: The Spier Hotel was designed with families in mind, from its rolling lawns and courtyard swimming pools to its interleading rooms, jungle gyms and toy boxes. Book now! Save 20% off a three-night stay at Spier Hotel. From R2200 pppn, and kids under 12 stay free. Offer valid from 28 March to 10 April.