Village-style buildings, lush lawns and spacious rooms situated next to the calming Eerste River are the defining characteristics of the 4-star Spier Hotel.
As one of the first in South Africa to be awarded the Fair Trade in Tourism SA accreditation, our hotel has been recognised as a pioneer in responsible tourism. In 2011, we also won the top award in the Doing It All category at the Condé Nast Traveler World Saver Awards.
Our 153 rooms are clustered around six private courtyards, with each courtyard boasting its own swimming pool. Gardens and walkways connect the rooms with the reception area, lounge, bar, terrace and restaurant.
- Signature Rooms: Light and airy, these are located upstairs.
- Signature Garden Terrace Rooms: Situated downstairs, these have direct access to the central courtyards, and a shaded outdoor patio where you can unwind with a glass of wine.
- Signature Riverside Rooms: Overlooking the Helderberg Mountains and the Eerste River, these sun-filled rooms are upstairs on the most picturesque side of Spier Hotel.
- Signature Riverside Terrace Rooms: These ground-floor rooms have mountain and river views, a private patio and direct access to the garden.
- Suites: There are five distinctive suites, each individually designed and decorated. The two upstairs have stunning mountain and river views; the downstairs ones open onto the gardens overlooking the Eerste River, with a private entertainment area featuring comfortable daybeds. All the suites have separate lounge areas with sofas and special amenities, including unlimited WiFi and complimentary newspapers and bottled water.