• 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
• 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
• 1 can cherry tomatoes (in tomato juice)
• 2 Tbsp ground ginger (and more or less depending on taste)
• 1 Tbsp turmeric
• 1 cup lentils
• 3 cups water
• 1 can coconut milk
• Handful cherry tomatoes
• 1 cup fresh coriander
• Curry powder (optional)
1. Sauté the olive oil, coriander seeds, cumin and garlic in a pot over medium heat.
2. Add the can of cherry tomatoes, turmeric, curry powder and ground ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the lentils and water to the pot and allow the mixture to boil for a few minutes.
4. Reduce heat and cover the pot allowing the lentils to simmer for 40 minutes or until soft.
5. Stir in the coconut milk and cherry tomatoes and allow to cook for a few minutes.
6. Stir in the fresh coriander and remove from the heat.
7. Serve with rice and pair with Spier Chenin Blanc