Spier’s Executive Chef, Yusuf Abrajee and Johan Jordaan, the farm’s Senior Red Winemaker will be presenting masterclasses as part of The Event Management Course for the Digital Age.
This 12-week online course from Magnette Academy empowers event professionals in the meeting, incentives, conference and events industry (MICE) with an advanced toolkit for running successful events in 2021 and beyond. The multifaceted course guides you on how to incorporate new technologies into events and introduces new event trends.
Spier’s masterclass will show event organisers how to create delicious, healthy menus for events – and how to pair these with the right wines. Packed with essential wine education and catering advice, these masterclasses will ensure events dazzle delegates.
Yusuf Abrajee, Spier’s Executive Chef, has over two decades of experience in hospitality at leading hotels and wine farms in the Western Cape. He oversees the team that ensures that guests and delegates are as delighted by Spier’s food as they are about its gorgeous country setting. In his masterclass Chef Yusuf will share with you:
- How to create an amazing menu for any event
- The secrets to eye-catching buffets, creative food displays and Instagram-worthy menu plating
- Why “sustainability” should be more than just a buzzword – and how you can implement this authentically at your own event
- Plenty of practical advice, including catering for guests with religious dietary requirements, and ensuring crews are well fed and energised while working onsite
- Emerging trends in catering and conferencing
Johan Jordaan, the farm’s Senior Red Winemaker has many awards under his belt, including Diners Club Winemaker of the Year in 2011. Johan will share valuable advice on wine pairings, showing you how to select the perfect wine for your event.
If you are interested in doing this event management course, take advantage of their launch offer. Get 10% off using the discount code SPIEREVENTS2021 when you book your spot on the course here (valid until the end of December 2021).
Visit www.magnetteacademy.com to download the course brochure for more details.