Leisure and business travel is still permitted, and there’s nothing better than heading out into the country where there’s lots of fresh air and abundant open spaces. This is ideal for working parents who want to get away but still need time and space to be productive. Comfortable workspaces and complimentary wifi make it easy to have a workcation while the kids enjoy farm life.
If your heart sank with the breaking of the third pandemic wave, you’re far from alone. Facing the long winter school holidays, we’re all feeling like a break – and not just from COVID! With our mild winters, this is a good time to refresh and reset by taking a holiday. The good news is that there are safe ways to help beat this winter’s blues and enjoy a quality family getaway or much needed workcation.
Set on a historic Stellenbosch wine farm, the Spier Hotel is an all-seasons family-focused holiday destination that offers a wholesome country experience and a wide range of fun activities. Alongside the calming Eerste River, the village-style hotel with its echoes of Bo-Kaap charm is set in lush gardens with tree-lined pedestrian lanes and six courtyards.
As a family-owned farm, we have always welcomed kids and made them our VIPs. On arrival at the hotel, there’s a special kiddies check-in space with a complimentary juice, optional toy box for the room and colouring-in activities to keep them busy. The popular Kids Clubhouse in the hotel provides fun and secure childcare services so that parents can relax and enjoy some time out with a spa treatment or a Vineyard Segway Tour. The complimentary Kids Clubhouse offers two indoor playrooms, two undercover outdoor porches and a secure garden play area.
Our family-friendly, COVID-safe dining options present kiddies’ menus using farm-fresh ingredients. There’s plenty of open spaces for kids to explore and many activities such as family biking in the organically grown vineyards and visiting the conservation project, Eagle Encounters. The Elemental Garden situated on the Werf is an enchanting nature-based play area within sight of the Farm Café patio.
Spier Hotel’s offers over the winter school holidays include:
- Kids Stay Free: Up to two children under 12 years of age are accommodated with two adults in a room on a complimentary basis.
- Family Package: From just R1390 per adult per night, this two-night bed and breakfast package includes a cosy Family Burger Night and an Eagle Encounters experience.
- Disconnect to Reconnect: You can turn your winter holiday into a much-needed family digital detox, giving the kids a wonderful break from screen time to focus on quality time together. Select any online package or rate and use the promo code RECONNECT to receive your special 'switch off' kit on arrival. Applicable to direct bookings through www.spier.co.za only.
- Kids Clubhouse: Complimentary access to daily fun-filled programmes. Limited capacity.
- Work from Spier: Make Spier your office for the day, while the kids play.
Spier is an easy 40-minute drive from Cape Town, and just a 20-minute drive from Cape Town International Airport. To provide peace of mind, Spier adheres to internationally accepted COVID safety and hygiene protocols, as well as the current national lockdown restrictions.
021 809 1100