Enjoy some time out at Spier Wine Farm this winter while the kids get crafty. These boredom-beating sessions will nurture your little one’s creativity and problem-solving skills, encourage self-expression and develop fine motor skills. In keeping with Spier’s commitment to a greener future, only recyclable and sustainable materials will be used.
There are two kinds of classes:
LITTLE ADVENTURERS for kids aged from 3 to 6 years old
45min | Accompanied by an adult
Imagine, create, experiment and make new friends! With an emphasis on sensory play and process art, these classes are social, educational and great fun for both child and parent/carer.
CREATIVE CRAFTERS for kids aged 6 to 13 years old
60 min | Drop-off
In these classes, kids are encouraged to express their ideas through the process of working with different materials, designing, building, making mistakes, and envisioning creative solutions. Toys such as robots and musical instruments are often created in this class. Not only does this promote self-esteem (“I made that all by myself!”), but the toys also promise hours of play after class.
All sessions cost just R100 per child and bookings are essential. View time-slots and book classes here
COVID-19 precautions will be in place.
With your kids in good hands, how will you make the most of your free time? Here are a few ideas:
- Sample accoladed wines by the fire at our cosy Tasting Room
- Enjoy a farm-style lunch at Spier Hotel Restaurant or grab a coffee and light bite at Spier Farm Cafe.
- Sip on a coffee while you browse the fridge- and pantry-fillers (including jams, charcuterie and cheese) at the Spier Farm Kitchen
- Tuck into low-and-slow roasted pastured-reared meats at VADAS Smokehouse & Bakery before stocking up on its famous pasteis de nata and other mouthwatering pastries
- Be inspired by our acclaimed art collection with a VoiceMap audio tour that showcases key pieces and visit the exhibition Occupants of the Inhabited, currently showing in the manor house