New online shop and delivery of delicious farm produce, ready meals and more. Spier Farm Cafe has reopened as a farm store for browsing and collection of produce.
Whether you’re browsing on Spier’s new online food store or in-person at the Spier Farm Cafe, one thing is guaranteed: you’ll be getting nourishing and delicious food for your pantry, fridge and freezer.
The assortment on offer includes:
- Chef Hennie’s hassle-free and hearty frozen ready meals — including beef lasagna, bolognaise, bobotie all made with Farmer Angus’s pasture reared meats, and vegetarian favourites like aubergine parmigiana
- Vadas’s famous sourdough bread, tarts, pies and pastries — all made with local, stoneground organic flour
- Farmer Angus’s flavoursome beef, pork and eggs — all from happy animals pasture reared on our farm without growth hormones or routine antibiotics
- A selection of Spier’s acclaimed wines (only for delivery when lockdown regulations permit)
- Coming soon: Freshly harvested organic veg and leaves grown at Spier without artificial fertilisers or pesticides
With every purchase, you won’t just be getting nourishing and delicious food: you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing you’re supporting the ecosystem of local, small-scale, high quality producers that our farm is proudly a part of.
When it’s time to stock up, either visit the Spier online food shop or head over to the Spier Farm Cafe (open daily between 9:00 - 16:30). You can pick up your online order from the Farm Cafe or get it delivered straight to your door if you live in Stellenbosch or greater Cape Town. Delivery is free on orders over R500!
We will be delivering food from Monday through Saturday to Stellenbosch, Helderberg and Brackenfell. Delivery to these areas costs R50 for orders less than R500. Order before noon for next-day delivery.
Further afield? No problem! On Tuesdays and Fridays there are deliveries to the following areas:
- Cape Peninsula
- West Coast (as far north as Melkbos)
- Southern Suburbs
- Northern Suburbs
- Cape Town CBD
- Atlantic Seaboard
- False Bay
Delivery to these areas costs R100 for orders less than R500; place orders by latest noon the previous day.
Keeping you safe and healthy with contactless deliveries
Spier’s food and farming operations adhere to the strictest hygiene protocols. Spier drivers have received training in hygiene and social distancing based on WHO guidelines. Each staff member is temperature tested daily at the beginning of their shift.
All food deliveries are contactless: drivers have been instructed not to make physical contact with any customers and to maintain a safe distance during drop off. They wear masks and use hand sanitiser between deliveries and use a fresh pair of surgical gloves for each delivery.
Safe shopping at the Spier Farm Cafe
For your health and peace of mind while you shop, there are extensive social distancing and hygiene protocols in place at the Spier Farm Cafe:
- Use of a mask is compulsory and all shoppers are provided with hand sanitizer upon entry
- Only 7 shoppers are permitted in the space at a time, and entry and exits operate on a one-way basis
- A dedicated staff member sanitises all surfaces and fridge handles with a 70% alcohol sanitiser both before opening and at least every four hours during the day
- Point of sale areas are shielded by a transparent “sneeze-guard” which is regularly cleaned
- All staff members wear personal protective equipment
- The packing station is sanitised after each shopper’s bag/box has been packed with the purchased items
Visit shop.spier.co.za to start shopping. As a launch special offer, orders of more than R200 will be delivered for free for the month of May.