1. Try our special Easter tasting which pairs a traditional cinnamon mini hot cross bun with Spier Signature Shiraz, Scotch eggs with Spier Creative Block 2 and dark chocolate and nut truffles with Spier 21 Gables Pinotage. Available during April from the Spier Wine Tasting Room at R65pp.
2. Celebrate Easter with a sumptuous seasonal seafood braai featuring favourites such as pickled fish, snoek and patats from Eight Restaurant on Friday 3 April. Platters start from R220 per person, and can be booked from firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Blend your own wine at our Burgers & Blends workshop hosted by a Spier winemaker on Saturday 4 April. You will take inspiration from the award-winning Spier Creative Block 3, perfectly paired with Eight restaurant’s beef burger served with gorgonzola, plum and pink peppercorn chutney and chips. Book here.
4. Take part in a treasure hunt around our newly restored historic farmyard at the Werf on Sunday 5 April from 11.00 to 15.00. Explore the beautiful lawns, boulders and buildings or visit our chocolate bar in the Jonkershuis to buy and decorate your own chocolate egg.
5. Enjoy Sunday lunch from our Harvest Table at Eight restaurant, where all produce used are from the Spier Farm or sourced from nearby farmers. From R260pp and R150 per child. On Sunday 5 April only. Bookings: email@example.com.
6. Rise and shine for Eight’s special Easter Brunch Feast featuring a selection of hot pastries, along with other traditional Easter delicacies such as Scotch eggs and hot cross buns. It costs R160 per person and will be served from 9.30 – 12.00 on Monday 6 April.
7. Hand-select ready-to-eat Easter inspired dishes and artisanal produce for your picnic at Eight to Go deli, or pre-book your basket by choosing from a variety of wholesome picnics at picnics.spier.co.za.
SPEND EASTER WEEKEND AT THE SPIER HOTEL
Spoil the family with a weekend breakway and experience the farm life at Spier. The experience includes:
• Accommodation in a Signature room for two nights
• Wine tasting for two adults with a grape juice tasting for the children
• Farm-style dinner for the family at the Spier Hotel restaurant
• A picnic for the family
• Eagle Encounters day pass
• Ice cream at Eight-to-go for each child (max 2 children)
• Kids’ art kit
From only R 2498 per room per night for a family of four (children under 12 years of age). *Minimum of a two night stay for a family of four. Terms and conditions apply. Children under 12 stay free when sharing with 2 adults (max 2 children). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking.
Add these to-do’s to your hotel stay:
Local is lekker at Spier Hotel, where we will host a traditional South African Braai Night on Saturday 4 April. Enjoy live music and local fare for just R250 per person (R125 per child).
Join us for a special Easter Family Lunch at the Spier Hotel on Sunday 5 April. Come hungry and full of energy as there will plenty of things to do – including an Easter egg hunt, games, a jumping castle and other Easter-inspired treats. The lunch begins at 13.00 and costs R275 per person (R95 per child, aged 7 – 12 years and R50 for children aged 3 – 7 years).