There are few things more comforting than a well-made carrot soup. This simple but deliciously warming recipe will put your grandmother’s to shame! Pair it with a glass of Spier Seaward Chardonnay.
This soup is part of the Seaward Soup Tasting, available at our Tasting Room until 31 August for R120 per person.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 5g thyme
- 5 large carrots
- 1L veg stock
- 125ml cream
- 185ml milk
- 30ml honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
2. Add carrots and thyme and stir well to coat carrots in oil.
3. Add veg stock then stir and cover with lid, adjusting heat to simmer for 20 - 25 minutes until carrots are soft.
4. Add cream, milk and honey.
5. Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth enough to pass threw a fine sieve.
6. Season to taste.
About the wine: Spier Seaward Chardonnay
Aromas of ruby grapefruit, mango, citrus with undertones of raw almonds. The creamy palate offers a fresh citrus and nectarine with well-integrated vanilla on the finish.