Chef Charl from our farm-to-table restaurant, Eight, shared his cauliflower soup with us, and he recommends trying it with the Spier Creative Block 2 at home.
• 1kg cauliflower
• 1litre milk
• 500ml cream
• 200g butter cut into cubes
• 1 split vanilla pod
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 45g gruyere
• 15g almond flaked
• Salt and pepper
• Place cauliflower, milk, cream and vanilla pod in a pot and simmer for 45 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
• Remove vanilla pod, place liquid into jug blender and puree on half speed.
• Whilst on add butter, gruyere and lemon.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Sprinkle with toasted almonds to garnish
We are offering a special soup and wine pairing at Spier during winter. Read more here.
Buy Spier wines online here: store.spierwines.co.za