This is a very quick and easy midweek dinner, packed with flavour. Adjust the quantities to your liking to serve more people. Serve with a bottle of Spier Seaward Chardonnay
Ingredients: (serves 2)
• 15 ml olive oil
• a small bunch of spring onions, finely sliced (reserve some for serving)
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 2 medium size smoked chicken breasts, sliced
• 250 ml fresh cream
• 10 ml wholegrain mustard
• salt & pepper, to taste
• a generous handful French chives, chopped (reserve some for serving)
• about 200 g pasta of your choice, freshly boiled & drained
1. In a wide pan, heat the oil and fry the spring onions & garlic over medium heat until it is soft and fragrant. Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes until lightly golden, then add the cream and mustard. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes, then season with salt & pepper and stir in half the chives. Add the pasta and toss to coat, then remove from the heat at once.
2. Serve hot, scattered with more spring onions and chives.
About the wine: Spier Seaward Chardonnay
Aromas of ruby grapefruit, mango, citrus with undertones of raw almonds. The creamy palate offers a fresh citrus and nectarine with well-integrated vanilla on the finish. Enjoy with pork chops, roast chicken or creamy mushroom pasta.