The name Ideology is a combination of 'ideas' and 'oenology' because winemakers get their best ideas when they are making wines.
Ideology allows Spier’s winemakers to use a diverse selection of varietals and blends to create wines with a distinctive and surprising character. Ideology wines fuse the winemakers’ skill and experience with creative daring, yielding wines that challenge convention. The journey from grape to bottle is an opportunity to explore and experiment, a canvas on which to question as much as to create.
Every year the Ideology range will feature different wines. Only small quantities are produced, enabling experimentation and ensuring that extra-special attention is paid during the grape sorting process to craft the best wine possible from the grapes available.
The following wines have been released:
- Ideology Sauvignon Blanc, wooded 2012 at R132 per bottle
- Ideology Weisser Riesling 2013 at R60 per bottle
- Ideology Chardonnay/Pinot Noir 2013 (barrel fermented) at R60 per bottle
- Ideology Cinsaut, Mourvedre, Shiraz, Viognier 2012 at R75 per bottle
- Ideology Pinotage 2012 at R140 per bottle
Ideology wines are only available at the Spier wine tasting room.