3 REASONS TO SPEND THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS AT SPIER
To be honest, there are many reasons to visit our beautiful farm, but we’ve kept it to three:
1. We have unmissable hotel deals this winter
Our Family Getaway Package includes two nights of accommodation for two adults and up to two children sharing, access to a falconry display at Eagle Encounters, and a family burger night with a bottle of Spier Signature Wine and a round of milkshakes for the little ones. Alternatively, choose our Winter Winelands Getaway Offer with discounts of up to 20% off our best available rate.
All rates include a glass of Spier wine or juice on arrival, a full English breakfast, a bottle of Spier wine waiting in your room, access to our Kids Clubhouse, and use of our Qhubeka bicycles to explore the farm.
Click here to read more about all the available hotel offers.
2. Plenty of entertainment for little guests
- Kids Clubhouse: Drop the kids at our Clubhouse where they can enjoy developmentally-appropriate activities under adult supervision. The fun includes arts and crafts, storytime, and farm walks. You can even arrange for them to have a meal if you’re looking for quality couple’s time.
- Pedal Power: There are bikes for kids and adults available from reception, so saddle up as a family to explore the farm.
- Elemental Play Garden: Let the kids run wild as they crawl, slide, swing and splash through the garden.
- Grape Juice Tasting: The little ones get to sample two different grape juices and learn about insects’ role on the farm, while their parents try our selection of award-winning wines.
- Eagle Encounters: Watch falcons soar in the sky and befriend eagles, hawks, owls, kites and buzzards at the bird of prey rehabilitation centre. Learn how our feathered friends help to keep the farm’s ecosystem in balance.
- The Farm is your Playground: Climb boulders and swing from trees at the most action-packed adventure spot on the Werf, or do our Scavenger Hunt and go on a hunt for butterflies, birds, acorns and squirrels.
- Time to Eat: All of our restaurants offer yummy menus to satisfy any young tummy.
Click here to read more about all the things we have to do for children.
3. Adults also deserve a bit of school holiday fun
Parents are welcome to accompany their kids on all of the various activities available, but we recommend a bit of adult downtime too. Enjoy the various artworks around the farm (we have the largest contemporary art collection in the country), curl up with a book beside the fire, take a long walk, hop on a Segway Vineyard Tour or lie back and let our expert spa team massage away all of your stress. Head to the Tasting Room for our Seaward Soup and Wine Pairing, or create your own tasting experience with our award-winning wines and delicious sharing platters.
Don’t stay cooped up at home these winter school holidays. Visit Spier instead for fun outdoor activities, roaring fires, farm-fresh food, award-winning wines and, most importantly, quality family time.