This stunning achievement recognises the quality of these wines, which offer character and complexity while being refreshing, fruity and easy drinking — attributes all contained within a quick-chilling, easy-to-pack and infinitely recyclable can.
“Our winemaking team have gone to great lengths to craft exceptional canned wines and we are delighted that their quality has been recognised by a discerning and authoritative panel of judges,” says Spier Cellar Master Frans Smit.
Spier’s canned wines were not the only ones to enthrall the taste buds of the Michelangelo Awards’ judges. The historic wine farm’s 21 Gables Sauvignon Blanc 2019 received Platinum, and the following wines received Gold:
- 21 Gables Chenin Blanc 2018
- 21 Gables Chenin Blanc 2019
- Spier Private Collection Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
- Spier Creative Block 2 2020
- Spier Seaward Sauvignon Blanc 2020
- Spier Signature Sauvignon Blanc 2020
- Spier Signature Chardonnay Pinot Noir 2020
- Spier Canned Sauvignon Blanc 2020
- Spier Canned Rosé 2020
Accompanying the Spier Canned Merlot 2018 in the Silver category was the Woolworths Spier Chardonnay Pinot Noir Rosé 2020.