The other Double Platinum winners were the Spier Creative Block 5 2016, Spier Creative Block 3 2016 and the Woolworths Signature Series Merlot 2016.
“With Double Platinums being awarded to a wide range of both our red and white wines, this medal haul illustrates the depth and breadth of our commitment to create wines of exceptional quality — no matter the varietal or the price. We’re delighted with this strong performance,” says Spier Cellar Master Frans Smit.
The newly launched Seaward range, which is inspired by the Cape’s unique coastal terroir, garnered acclaim too, with Double Golds given to the Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018 and Spier Seaward Shiraz 2017.
The following wines won Double Silver awards:
- Spier 21 Gables Chenin Blanc 2017
- Spier 21 Gables Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
- Spier 21 Gables Pinotage 2015
- Woolworths Private Collection Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
- Spier 21 Gables Sauvignon Blanc 2018
- Spier Signature Chardonnay Pinot Noir 2019