As dusk dreamily gathers and guitarist Matt Carsten’s smokey-voiced singing drifts over the lawns, couples are invited to cosy up underneath the ancient oaks of the Spier Werf. Once you’ve opened your bottle of Spier Méthode Cap Classique Brut (cheers!), it’s time to feast from a picnic basket bursting with locally sourced deliciousness. This includes gourmet salads, a fresh baguette and cheese, pastured-reared charcuterie, roast beef and chicken from Spier’s very own Farmer Angus. There’ll also be a decadent chocolate mousse to end the night on a sweet note.
Available for collection from 18:00, the picnic basket cost just R750 per couple and can be booked on Dineplan.
Other ways to spoil your loved one:
- The Spier Farm Café will be open until 20:00. Get into the mood with two glasses of bubbly and six oysters for just R150. Delicious mains from its regular menu such as the beef burger with pork fat fried potato roasties or the colourful vegetable tartine will also be available. Round off dinner with a decadent Valentine’s Day chocolate mousse for two along with two glasses of Signature wine or MCC for only R150. Arrive early as there are no reservations.
- Vadas Smokehouse & Bakery will also be offering its Chef’s Platter (crammed with delicious low-and-slow roasted meats and vegetables) for R395 per person served with a complimentary glass of Spier bubbly. Book on Dineplan.
Make a night of it at the Spier Hotel
Stay in the cosy, art-filled Spier Hotel from R1449 per person per night sharing, valid for Friday 14 February only. Fancy lingering for longer? If you book a two-night getaway for the weekend (for R1 549 per person per night sharing), the two of you will be spoilt with a host of additional romantic extras (which have a combined valued of R950):
- Dinner for just the two of you.On Saturday 15 February, we’ll serve you a candlelit feast in your room.
- A bottle of bubbly.When it’s time for turn-down, we’ll bring a chilled bottle of Spier Secret Sparkling.
- A chocolate and wine pairing for two. Enjoy our acclaimed vintages perfectly paired with decadent chocolate treats at our Wine Tasting Room.
Use the code VALENTINE when booking online to qualify for this special.