A night-time adventure for the whole family to enjoy, this annual event will feature an exciting array of interactive artworks scattered across the historic Stellenbosch estate. Created by talented artists and designers from South Africa and beyond, the artworks use light, sound and video to illuminate the present moment and help us to imagine where we might be headed next.
Read the full curatorial statement and view the line-up of artists here.
Spier Light Art is free to the public. visitors need to book to ensure adherence to COVID protocol. The best time to visit is at dusk, when you can catch both the beautiful sunset and the switching on of the lights.
Food & Wine
• Select a pre-booked sunset picnic when booking your Light Art tickets online (collect your basket from 18.00, and return it by 21.00).
• Spier Farm Cafe is open daily until 22.00 with a delicious build your own picnic offering, great coffee and late-night treats.
• Vadas Smokehouse & Bakery is open until 21.00 on Friday, Saturday & Sundays, booking advised.
• Our Bubbles & Braai Bar is open daily until 21.00.
• The Spier Hotel Restaurant is open daily until 23.00 - pop in for a drink and snacks at the bar.
• Enjoy a Spier Wine Tasting on the deck, open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays until 19.00.
Audiences wellbeing is paramount and there is an extensive range of COVID-19 safety protocols in place. In addition to timed slots (booked online), these include:
• Various sanitising stations are available throughout the farm
• All artworks are outside and spaciously set apart from each other; visitor flow is also monitored. This ensures social distancing will be adhered to at all times
• Only visitors wearing masks will be admitted; mask-wearing is mandatory throughout your visit
Spier Light Art is one of Spier’s Growing for Good initiatives, which empower communities to create positive social and environmental change.