We offer seasonal and vegetarian picnics, made with local, natural and organic produce wherever possible.
R275 per person (Vegetarian and vegan options also available)
- A classic Greek salad
- Roasted cauliflower grain salad with celery, quinoa, brown & basmati rice, curry pickled carrots and Harissa dressing.
- Farmer Angus roast beef served with pickles
- Farmer Angus roast chicken drumsticks
- Klein River cheddar, summer fruit chutney, green fig preserve and crackers
- Farmer Angus charcuterie
- Vadas Smokehouse & Bakery baguette, butter, red pepper hummus
- Vadas Smokehouse & Bakery famous pasteis de natas
R150.00 per child
- Farmer Angus ham and cheese sandwich on fresh Vadas Bakery sourdough
- Root stock crisps
- Nut butter snack pack with dried fruit
- Soga organic orange juice
We have gone to great lengths to source local, natural and organic produce for our picnics and therefore do not allow private picnics. 'Good to Go' options like sandwiches and pastries are available in the picnic collection area.
Important points to remember:
- NEW! Sunset picnics will be available from 8 December 2019 - 19 January 2020. Enjoy a picnic next to the dam while waiting for dusk and the lights to go before exploring the Light Art exhibition.
- A refundable deposit of R150 is payable per basket. Baskets are to be returned by 16:30.
- Bring your own chairs, cushions and blankets or hire from us.
- No outside food or beverages allowed.
- The picnic spaces are public; however, we can accommodate group bookings in semi-private areas if booked in advance.
- Collection times for picnics are from 12:00 - 14:00, the picnic area is open from 11:00 - 16:30. Hours are extended over December and January and sunset picnics will be available to collect from 8 Dec 2019 – 19 Jan 2020 for collection from 17:00 - 19:00.