We offer seasonal and vegetarian picnics, made with local, natural and organic produce wherever possible.
Picnics can be collected from the tasting room while the Spier Farm Kitchen undergoes renovations. Then head out to find a shady spot on the Werf's lawn, or by our dam.
Available until end September 2019
R580.00 per basket (Vegetarian baskets also available)
- Selection of Farmer Angus charcuterie, olives and pickled baby gherkins
- Coronation chicken with dried apricots and almonds
- Dalewood Camembert with crackers, preserves and hummus
- Vadas Bakery sourdough bread and butter
- Broccoli, Gruyere and mushroom frittata
- Smoked corn, green pepper and olive salad with a coriander, chili and lime dressing
- Chickpea, tomato and feta salad with parsley, almonds and lemon vinaigrette
- Chocolate brownies with berry compote
- A bottle of Spier Signature Wine
R150.00 per child
- Farmer Angus ham and cheese sandwich on fresh Vadas Bakery sourdough
- Root stock crisps
- Nut butter snack pack with dried fruit
- Soga organic orange juice
Available from 1 October 2019
R275 per person
Our chef will confirm the basket content soon. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We have gone to great lengths to source local, natural and organic produce for our picnics and therefore do not allow private picnics.
Important points to remember:
- Bring your own chairs, cushions and blankets or hire from us.
- No outside food or beverages allowed.
- The picnic spaces are public; however, we can accommodate group bookings in semi-private areas if booked in advance
- Collection times for picnics are from 12:00 - 14:00