We’re committed to bringing you the best our farm has to offer while ensuring the good health, safety and peace of mind of both our guests and staff. As part of the extensive measures we’ve put in place, please complete this online form as part of our contactless check-in service.
Whereas the Guest is the person whose details and signature appear on this registration card and who accepts the Conditions of Residence contained herein, and accepts responsibility on behalf of all persons indicated on the registration card and/or who are residing at the Hotel (“his/her party”).
And Whereas the Guest is required to sign this registration card on arrival during check-in and he/she agrees to the Conditions of Residence being applicable to him/herself as well as his/her party.
And Whereas the Conditions of Residence shall commence on the date of signature of this registration card and shall continue to be in force and effect until the Guest and his/her party have completed his/her/their stay at the Hotel, and paid all amounts outstanding, due and payable to the Hotel.
1. For purposes of the Conditions of Residence, all references to ‘Hotel’ shall mean the Spier Hotel in its entirety, including the owner, manager and/or operator of the Hotel and its affiliates, respective directors, shareholders, officers, employees, agents and representatives (collectively ‘the Hotel’).
2. For purposes of the Conditions of Residence, all references to ‘you’ or ’your’ shall be applicable to yourself and your party.
3. You warrant that you are duly authorised to sign this registration card for and bind all persons represented by you and/or for whom you are responsible (‘your party’) to the Conditions of Residence and, failing such authority, you agree to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the residence of your party at the Hotel.
4. You undertake to pay not later than the time of departure (unless prior written arrangements have been made with the Hotel Management and duly signed by the Hotel) the room rate as determined by the Hotel for the period of residence, the cost of food, beverage and any other amounts relating to residence together with VAT (if applicable), incurred by you and your party during your stay in the Hotel. Periodic payments must be made if the account exceeds the credit limit designated by the Hotel, and accounts are immediately payable on presentation thereof.
5. A certificate signed by the Hotel Manager shall constitute proof of indebtedness and of the particulars therein for all purposes including any action instituted by the Hotel against you and your party.
6. You are responsible for safekeeping of your own valuables and/or goods, wherever it may occur on the Hotel’s premises and accordingly the Hotel accepts no liability whatsoever for lost, stolen or damaged valuables and/or goods. Should the Hotel discover any valuables and/or goods subsequent to your departure, then the Hotel shall notify you at the email address provided on this registration card. By your failure to arrange for the collection of the valuables and/or goods within 1 (one) month after written notice to your designated email address, you herewith authorise the Hotel to discard of such valuables and/or goods immediately upon expiration of the aforesaid 1 months’ notice. In such event, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Hotel against all claims you may have towards such valuables and/or goods.
7. You hereby agree that the Hotel shall not be responsible for any accident or any injury to, contraction of any illness or disease of whatsoever nature, including but not limited to Covid-19, or death of any person or the loss, destruction or damage to any property, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause whatsoever and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence or wrongful acts or omissions of the Hotel. You accordingly hereby irrevocably and unconditionally indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Hotel in respect of any responsibility and/or liability as a result of any such negligence or wrongful act.
8. You specifically acknowledge that you are aware of the current risks associated with contraction of Covid-19, and that you have reconciled yourself with the relevant risks and that you shall have no claim whatsoever and howsoever arising against the Hotel relating to the possible contradiction of Covid-19.
9. You hereby agree that the Hotel shall not be liable for, and you indemnify the Hotel against any loss, damage, costs, fines, penalties and the like arising from yourself and/or your party contravening any applicable laws (including but not limited to applicable smoking laws).
10. You hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction over you in respect of any proceedings in connection with your stay in the Hotel. Notwithstanding the aforegoing, the Hotel shall have the right of instituting all or any proceedings connected with your stay in the Hotel in any Division of the Supreme Court of South Africa having jurisdiction.
11. Where appropriate the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa and the singular shall include the plural.
12. You acknowledge and accept that the Hotel does not accept cheques in respect of any indebtedness unless prior arrangements have been made.
13. To protect you and to attempt to prevent a potentially high-risk person from entering the Hotel, you are required to be screened on arrival, which includes:
a. Allowing your temperature to be scanned with a thermal scanner;
b. Should your temperature fall within the normal range and you do not show any symptoms you will be required to sanitise your hands and proceed to check-in. Should your temperature exceeds 37.5 degrees Celsius and/or you show symptoms of Covid-19 (as determined by the Hotel in its sole discretion), you will not be allowed to check-in and will be requested and referred to a medical facility of your choice to be tested accordingly;
c. Present copies of your Identity document / card (front and back) on check-in (which will be retained by the Hotel).
14. All International guests to have a Negative Covid-19 test result not older than 72 hours when travelling to South Africa.
15. You warrant that all the information and documentation provided to the Hotel are accurate, correct and complete, and you understand that the provision of incorrect and/or inaccurate information or documentation, of whatsoever nature, will constitute fraud, being unlawfully making, with intent to defraud a misrepresentation which causes actual prejudice or which is potentially prejudicial to another. In such an event the Hotel shall be entitled to institute criminal proceedings against you.
16. You confirm that you have read, understood, and accept the terms and conditions contained in the Conditions of Residence.
17. You acknowledge that you understand the content and consequences of the Conditions of Residence and that no representation whatsoever have been made to you in order to induce you to sign this registration card.
Please wait while we process your submission.
Thank you for your submission, we look forward to seeing you soon.
There was an error with your submission, please try again or email: email@example.com