Examples of duties & responsibilities:
• Manage AM and PM shifts in the front office, making sure all employees perform the tasks assigned to them.
• Monitor activities of all employees in the front office making sure standards of excellence, staff manual and hotel policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Be aware of any VIP arrivals, special requests and repeat guests.
• Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out, greet them on arrival and escort to room if appropriate.
• Attend to the normal duties of the Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
• Able to perform tasks or duties of any employee in the front office when necessary.
• Consistently strive to achieve maximum performance and promote a professional service-oriented environment at all times.
• Assist the Front Office Manager in implementing and enforcing financial controls, helping with control of operating expenses and purchasing.
• ‘Live and breathe’ the ethos of Spier, inspiring a passion for - and sharing knowledge of – Spier, our sustainable business practices and all the services and products we have on offer.
• Be familiar with and adhere to company and departmental policies and procedures.
• Maintain effective and positive working relationships with team members and other operational/ support areas.
• Be visible and accountable during peak operational times
• Periodically inspect rooms and general hotel areas
Skills, experience & educational requirements:
• At least five years’ sound front office experience within hospitality (or related industry).
• Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management desirable
• Supervisory experience essential
• Positive guest orientation.
• Fluent English speaker; additional languages desirable
• Competent working knowledge of Word and Excel, Outlook and Opera/ Fidelio (orother Hotel Management Systems)
• Efficient time management skills and strong financial acumen essential
• Strong manager, able to convey clear instructions to colleagues while being mindful of tight operational deadlines
• Keen attention to detail with excellent follow-through capabilities
• Diplomatic and able to deal with people at all levels with confidence and ease; friendly and welcoming disposition
• Able to remain calm and maintain professional outlook, even when under pressure
Spier is fully committed to achieving its Employment Equity goals and preference will be given to applicants who enhance our ability to achieve these goals.
Key attributes for this position include:
• Sound wine knowledge with an understanding of food and wine pairing.
• A hospitality background in F&B and front of house service experience, people management skills as well as organisational skills.
• Incumbents, who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
• The incumbent will be target driven and excited by the opportunity to maintain and grow existing business levels.
Tasting Room Specific Responsibilities:
• Maintain and support unique, exceptional and engaging experiences for our guests.
• Maintain sand support standard operating procedures for the tasting room.
• Support the implementation of clear goals and objectives for the tasting room team.
• Oversee the day-to-day operational aspects of the tasting room.
• Achieve revenue targets.
• Support the implement of strategies to increase customer foot traffic to the tasting room.
• Support and execute events that drive customer retention and revenue in the tasting room.
The ideal incumbent will have:
• On-going ability to work weekends, public holidays and evenings.
• Proven success in a front of house service and sales-oriented environment.
• Positive interpersonal skills.
• Impeccable attention to detail, multi-tasking, planning and budget management.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Very strong wine knowledge
Leadership Skills Required
• Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviours and contributions from the team and self.
• Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
• Proven ability with team collaboration, creative problem solving and conflict resolution.
Technical Expertise Required
• Proficiency in MS Office, POS, NAV and/or other operating systems.
• Dineplan, Eco time,
• WSET level 3 or equivalent qualification
• Passion and knowledge for wine and the wine industry.
How to apply
Please send applications to either firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com